Terms and conditions of website usage
Welcome to the Personal Finance Society Festival of Finance website. This website and all congress bookings and financial transactions through this website are administered by TFI Group Ltd (hereafter referred to as TFI) on behalf of the Personal Finance Society Festival of Finance. If you continue to browse and use this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which govern TFI’s relationship with you in relation to this website.
The term “TFI” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is TFI Group Ltd, 192-198 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 1DX. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without PFS’s prior written consent.
Standard Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all online transactions made to TFI. When booking a place on a Congress or Event please see Section II below.
TFI may change these terms from time to time without notice. Changes will apply to any subsequent transactions with TFI.
These terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
Nothing in these Conditions excludes or limits the liability of TFI for death or personal injury caused by the TFI’s negligence, or for fraudulent misrepresentation. Subject to the preceding sentence, Condition 11 constitutes the entire financial liability of the TFI (including any liability for the acts or omissions of its employees, agents and sub-contractors) to the Buyer in respect of:
(i) any breach of these Conditions; and (ii) any representation, statement or negligent act or omission, including negligence arising under or in connection with the contract.
The acknowledgement of the order and these Conditions together constitute the entire agreement between the parties relating to the contract.
Each right or remedy of TFI under the contract is without prejudice to any other right or remedy of TFI whether under the contract or not.
The contract will be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. The English Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with the contract.
Please read these terms carefully before using the online payment facility. Using the online payment facility on this website indicates that you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms do not use this facility. All payments are subject to the following conditions.
Your payment will normally reach the TFI account to which you are making a payment, the following working day. However, time should be allowed for processing transactions.
1. We cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the correct account due to you quoting an incorrect account number or incorrect personal details.
2. Neither can we accept liability if payment is refused or declined by the credit/debit card supplier for any reason.
3. If the card supplier declines payment, TFI is under no obligation to bring this fact to your attention. You should check with your supplier that payment has been deducted from your account.
4. The data that you provide during this transaction will only be used for the purpose of recording your payment. We shall abide by the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and ensure that the data is used for no other purposes and is disclosed to no third party, except in respect of data that it is necessary to provide to TFI’s ecommerce provider PayPal and TFI’s e-commerce provider will retain some personal information so that we can access payment records in the event of queries or incomplete payment information Any credit/debit card details given by you will not be retained in their entirety. Information will only be retained for a reasonable period and then destroyed.
5. In no event will TFI be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this site, any websites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages.
6. Refunds, if applicable, will only be made to the credit/debit card used for the original transaction.
Congress and Events
Cancellation of a Congress or Event by TFI: TFI reserves the right to cancel a Congress or Event or any associated event at its sole discretion. In the event of such a cancellation TFI will refund the value of the booking or any ticket sold upon proof of purchase. TFI expressly excludes any liability for any direct or indirect losses or damages howsoever arising as a result of such cancellation and will not, for example, be responsible for any travel or accommodation costs incurred. In the event of cancellation, TFI will use reasonable endeavours to publicise the cancellation and details will be posted on the website associated with the Congress or Event. Attendees are responsible for checking this information prior to the event.
Photo and video recording
TFI Group Ltd is hereby authorised to use still photographs or motion picture footage, recordings of my voice and my name for advertising, publicity, commercial or other business purposes related to TFI Group Ltd and the Personal Finance Society. Said photographs and/or recordings may be used singularly or in conjunction with other photographs and/or recordings.
Enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 0845 166 8415.
TFI Group Ltd.
192-198 Vauxhall Bridge Road
Tel: 0845 166 8415